Legal and Moral

Legal, moral and ethical



The issues that I can face includes legal, moral or ethical can be risk for causing offence. This applies to me because writing an article about events in earlier days, can effect specific group of people that suffered in that time. However to avoid these problems, I should make sure I don’t write any text that can offend my audience in any way also make sure pictures I use are also doesn’t show any offense. I should also avoid issues from Press Complaints Commission, which includes privacy and discrimination. The issue like privacy is one of the biggest problems to me, because I’m going to write about photographer and his life, so I need to make sure I don’t disturb any of his privacy. To avoid privacy issue, I should use resources from internet for example, interviews with photographer, Wikipedia and any other sources I can find. I also need to make sure I don’t discriminate any people from earlier days or these days. To make sure I avoid discrimination problem I need to write without choosing a side.  I should also make sure I avoid OFCOM issues like; swearing, racism or sexism. I need to make sure I use appropriate language to not face this issue, the language I need to use has to be formal. The other issue I’m sure I need to avoid is racism, because I’m using pictures from the past it can include some racism that has been used in earlier days, however to avoid this issue I’m going to make sure I don’t use any photographs, text or quotes that can show anything associating with the racism. The advertising standard authority is also one of the regulators I need to look at things like disability, sexual orientation, gender, religion. To make sure I avoid these issues, I need to make sure I don’t write anything offensive about disabilities or any medical problems. If I write about people, I also need to make sure I don’t discriminate their sexual orientation, genre or religion.  To avoid these issues I need to plan before I start writing to make sure everything is in places, without discriminations. I also need to make sure I don’t put any pictures that can be related with sex. To make sure I don’t put any of these issues I need to make sure I know my target audience and expectations. 

Image result for discrimination

Comments