Evaluation


I have done podcast about Grenfell tower fire. I was talking about different opinions that was released on internet. I also have talked about causes and volunteering. I have done a lot of research for my topic which was really helpful for me. 

I think I have met the aims of the brief that asked me to produce piece of news for young people in east London. I have chosen that topic because it happened not that long ago and people still looking for answers. I think I have also met criteria for, even it was about shocking events teenagers still interested in that topic because a lot of young people died. However, even events happened not in east London, people that lived in that building was from different countries. That’s why I think east London people is interest because there is a lot of different culture people in east London, same as it was in that tower. The topic was hard to choose at first I have several ideas, however I came up with this one because it was big shock to everyone, there is still a lot of not answered questions left that people interested about.

However, I was planning on interviewing people but I didn’t had so much time so I used actual audience of victims talking about fire. I have also wanted to use phone-ins to make my audio more professional but there were no time left for me to do it. To avoid these problems next time I need to make sure I plan everything carefully to avoid time issues.

The strength of my audio is topic that I have chosen, it was interested and planned. The editing was also good I think, I have used a lot of cuts, to cut background music and make music stop at the time when it’s needed. I have also used incidental music which was used to introduce my audio, to grab audience attention. I have also used a lot of cutting, to cut background noises in my audio.


However, I think I need to improve on planning and actual recording. If it would be planned more carefully I would have more professional results. The recording wasn’t that good, there were some background noises, I need to improve on my recording by finding more quite place I also need to learn how to use zoom properly. If I would reflect on all these improvements next time, I’ll have great and clear results. 

Comments